Many couples are considering alternatives to the usual church wedding and for some, this means marrying on a beach. Beach weddings are intimate and highly romantic, but they also offer other wonderful perks which many people are a little surprised to discover.
One of the joys of a beach wedding is that everything gets to be scaled down to a more serene and unique level. With the beautiful scenery as background, you can spend more time working on the vows that you will be saying to each other. You can also spend more time choosing the wedding outfits, and for the bride that means finding her beach wedding dress! Whether you are marrying on distant shores or having a more casual affair at your local beach, choosing the perfect dress is every bit as important and deserves all the attention and consideration you can give it.
One of the best parts of a beach wedding is that no aspect need be expensive. As a matter of fact, when choosing your dress, the biggest question is probably what type of dress do you want to wear – do you go with a more traditional gown or something less formal?
Regardless of the type of dress you decide on, every bride wants it to be uniquely hers. It’s the little details that will really make you fall in love with your wedding dress. Here are some creative ways you can incorporate to help make your dress your own:
– Tie a wide silk ribbon, chiffon sash or cummerbund around your waist. For a little added punch, use a color other than your dress color. For instance, if your dress is white, how about contrasting the waist band in ivory or champagne – you could even coordinate it with one of your wedding colors. This is a particularly good option for a second wedding when you don’t want to wear a totally white dress.
– Try a dress of a different color other than white – like champagne, blush pink, baby blue, or even something vibrant like red!
– If an entire dress in red is too dramatic for you, but you like the idea, how about an accent of color around the neckline, hem or waist? This is really a great idea to play up the season of your wedding – red for winter holidays, maybe gold for fall, or turquoise for summer.
– A basic dress can be embellished with embroidery, possibly with a little pale color in the design. You could add some pearls, Swarovski crystals, sequins, colored rhinestones, or chiffon fabric flowers into the design.
– If you are adventurous, you could alter the hemline. A high-low design where the dress is knee length in front and floor length in back is a popular style for the flirty look of a tropical wedding dress. Out on the beach you might not want a full length dress, so perhaps you might consider shortening it to tea length for a more casual wedding dress feel.
You can truly be creative with your beach wedding dress and it can still be quite affordable. But, if you love the look of the basic little dress with only a smattering of flowers in your hair, then this should be what you wear.
Remember, your dress should be a reflection of who you are and it should also reflect the environment you are marrying in. A beach wedding embraces a love of nature and this should come through in your wedding dress.
There are no rules for a casual beach wedding dress, so feel free to express yourself and make your dress a special one, just for you.
Terri Burt is the owner of Beach Bride, an online bridal boutique specializing in affordable casual beach wedding dresses. To find the perfect dress for your wedding, second marriage, or vow renewal, visit Beach Bride at => http://www.beachbride.net.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Terri_Burt/488262